Due to the massive growth potential as well as the skills shortage in the North West Construction sector, TRN are replicating the extremely successful Gateshead Construction Skills Academy and opening a brand-new Construction Skills Academy in the Leigh, Wigan area.
What does this mean for you?
This is a really exciting time for anyone who has an interest in construction and is looking at training to begin working in the construction sector.
We offer a range of training including pre-employability CSCS courses, traineeships and apprenticeships. These include training in construction skills such as:
- Ground works
- Multi trade
- Construction and Civil Engineering Services
With the new TRN Construction Skills Academy on your doorstep you will have all the support and guidance you’ll need to make sure your training runs smoothly and leads into possible full-time employment in your chosen trade.Check out our Construction Apprenticeships
What is a Construction Skills Academy?
The TRN Construction Skills Academy simulates a real-life experience for the learners, so you feel as though you are working in a real construction environment. This is the ideal place to learn and perfect your skills before going onsite.Check out our popular Construction & Civil Engineering 19+ Pre-Employability course
Jobs around the corner
A recent report published by the CITB/Experian shows construction employment in the North West is forecast to boom over the next five years.
- North West’s annual average construction growth: 0.8 %
- North West’s annual private housing growth: 1.5%
- North West’s annual public housing growth: 2.7%
- North West’s annual infrastructure growth: 1.7%
- New construction workers needed in the North West by 2023: 15,250
- North West’s average annual construction annual recruitment requirement (ARR): 3.050