TRN (Train) have received confirmation that following a recent inspection by Ofsted their rating remains 'Good'. This is excellent news and reaffirms that all of our learners continue to receive high quality teaching and assessment.
Some highlights taken directly from the report are:
- Senior management team have continued to improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment, with the result that an increasing proportion of your learners achieve their qualifications.
- You set high standards for the performance of your staff and are ambitious for your learners to succeed.
- A real strength of your approach is the manner in which you have grown and reshaped your curriculum in response to the needs of employers and the priorities of the two main local enterprise partnerships in the areas where you deliver.
- You receive a high volume of positive feedback from your learners and other key partners, such as employers. Apprentices and learners enjoy their teaching sessions, and are appreciative of the care and support they receive from their assessors and trainers.
- Managers have effectively implemented a ‘Prevent’ duty action plan after conducting a full risk assessment. All staff are trained to identify learners at potential risk of radicalisation and extremism.
- Safeguarding procedures and policies are comprehensive and up to date, and are reviewed regularly by senior managers. The company has enough appropriately trained designated safeguarding officers to ensure that there is always someone for learners and staff to contact if they have any concerns.
- A third of your apprentices secure a promotion at work, or gain additional responsibilities because of their recently acquired skills and knowledge. A significant number of apprentices progress onto a higher-level qualification.
- Since the last inspection, the proportion of apprentices who achieve their qualifications has increased significantly, as has the proportion who do so within their planned timescales. As a result, both overall and timely achievement rates are well above those of other similar providers.
- The recently introduced traineeship programme fully meets the principles and requirements for this provision type. Managers developed the programme in response to specific demands of local construction companies for bricklayers and site labourers, with many of these employers providing work experience placements. The trainees are highly motivated to achieve by the strong employment focus of the programme.