If you have ever considered pursuing a career in the cleaning industry, or simply want to gain a more comprehensive understanding of this fundamental skill to use at home or in the workplace, this qualification provides you with knowledge of the main principles and skills of cleaning that can be applied across a range of environments.
The cleaning industry comprises of a wide variety of environments and skills, from domestic cleaning and laundry to commercial and specialised cleaning services. This diverse industry employs over 700,000 people in the UK and continues to grow across all sectors.
The purpose of this online learning course is to develop learners knowledge and understanding of the skills required for working in the cleaning sector to enable them to progress to further qualifications and employment in the sector.
- Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
- Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry
- Safety and infection control for a cleaning context
- Working with customers and others in the cleaning and support services industry
- Clean and maintain soft floors and furnishings
- Cleaning and maintenance of external surfaces and areas
- Cleaning of confined spaces
- Cleaning of food areas
- Cleaning of glazed surfaces and facades
- Cleaning of high risk areas (controlled environments)
- Cleaning of interiors and washrooms
- Cleaning with water fed pole systems
- Deep cleaning of internal equipment, surfaces and areas
- Maintenance and minor repairs of property
- Mechanical street cleaning
- Periodic cleaning of hard and semi-hard floors
- Periodic cleaning of soft floors and furnishings
- Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management
- Working safely at heights in the cleaning and support services industry