A healthcare support services intermediate apprenticeship
This Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health (Healthcare Support Services) is funded and consists of up to four qualifications.
If an employee already works in the health sector or are just starting their career as an apprentice, this is an opportunity to demonstrate their competence.
This apprenticeship training is flexible to suit various job roles within healthcare support services.
The employee must meet a minimum level of English and Maths skills in order to undertake this course.
To be eligible – employees must:
- Be aged 16 years or older
- Have been resident in the UK/EU for at least three years prior to commencing their apprenticeship
- Be employed in England and have a Contract of Employment
- Work for at least 30 hours per week
- Not currently be undertaking any other Government funded course or attending full-time education
Training is arranged to suit your business needs:
The minimum Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the Health and Social Care Intermediate Apprenticeship is 325 hours.
Training takes on average 12 months to complete, however this can be shorter dependent upon whether the employee has any recognition of prior learning (RPL) or unit/credit exemptions. We will discuss this with your staff at enrolment.
The course is made up of the following components:
- Level 2 Certificate in Healthcare Support Services (Five Mandatory Units & Optional Units)
- Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 1)
- Level 2 Award in Employment and Personal Learning Skills in Health
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to communication
- Introduction to equality and inclusion
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Units selected to meet a minimum of 12 credits.
Functional Skills (Level 1)
- Everyday English and Maths to bring skills up to date. This consists of teaching, three tests and two practical assignments.
Level 2 Award in Employment and Personal Learning Skills in Health
- Five Units to meet a minimum of 7 credits.