The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges qualification aims to equip learners with an understanding of the common causes and triggers of behaviour that challenges. Learners will also develop an understanding of effective communication skills and de-escalation techniques.
The qualification is suitable for learners wanting to improve their knowledge and awareness in this subject area, including those working within healthcare, social care and education sectors.
Challenging behaviour is becoming a growing concern due to many individuals having increasied levels of stress and uncertainty in their lives. Challenging behaviour can be brought about due to issues such as anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and conditions like dementia. Understanding the causes of challenging behaviour is the first step towards finding ways to support individuals and manage their behaviour.
The purpose of this online learning course is to develop learners knowledge of behaviour that challenges and its effects.
- Understand how to manage a situation when an individual is acting in a challenging manner
- Understand how to prepare to manage an incident of behaviour that challenges
- Understand how to recognise that an individuals behaviour has the potential to intensify
- Understand legislation and support relevant to behaviour that challenges
- Understand own role in providing support following an incident of challenging behaviour