Want to start a career in the construction industry?
Get your CSCS Card with us!
You will also acquire the foundation skills required (including updating your CV) to seek employment and / or career progression in the construction sector including roles as a labourer.
Dependent upon your chosen routeway the elements of the course include:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries (includes Environmental Awareness and CSCS touch screen test and CSCS card - when all course elements are completed).
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others.
- Knowledge of construction technology (foundations, walls, roofing, services etc).
- Cut construction related materials (using hand power tools).
- Lay modular paving.
- Lay and finish concrete.
- Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment qualification - required for the CSCS Green Labourer’s card.
- Asbestos Awareness.
- During induction and throughout the course you will receive information, advice and guidance on course content, career opportunities and skills development.
CSCS Health and Safety test included.
Travel Expenses provided during training.
CSCS Green Labourers card provided.
Refreshments provided during training.
Car Parking available on site.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplied.
Who is the training for?This course is designed for individuals who want to develop skills and knowledge required for working in the construction sector. You must also be prepared to attend any job interviews that you are suitable for.
What do I need?There are no formal entry requirements for this course; however you do need to be aged 19 or over and be unemployed on benefits. You also need to have been resident in the UK / EU for 3 years before starting the course.
Getting started.You will need to be interested in working in the construction sector. A course application form should be completed prior to course commencement and proof of benefits is required.
Course Duration:The course duration can be up to 9 weeks, however, this can be shorter depending on previous learning and experience.
Course Times:9.00am to 4.30pm each day.
For further details call 0191 477 0840 or complete the Enquiry Form.
The European Social Fund in England is investing in jobs and skills, focusing on people who need support the most and helping them fulfil their potential.
Course delivered at our Construction Skills Academy on Bensham Trading Estate, Lobley Hill Road, Gateshead, NE8 2XN.
Course delivered at our Construction Skills Academy, Unit B10, Moss Industrial Estate, St Helen’s Road, Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 3PT