Acquire the knowledge to start a career in Health and Social Care
Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings qualification.
What will I study?
The structure of this course enables you to learn, develop and practice skills in which you will gain a nationally recognised Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings qualification.
You will also acquire the foundation skills required to seek employment and / or career progression in the health and social care sector.
Who is the training for?
This course is designed for individuals who want to develop skills and knowledge required for working in the health and social care sector. You must also be prepared to attend any job interviews that you are suitable for.
What do I need?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; however you do need to be aged between 16 to 24, not have achieved a full level 3 qualification or above. Be unemployed, have little work experience but motivated to work and have been resident within the UK/EU for 3 years prior to starting the course.
- Understand the range of service provision and roles within health and social care (adults and children and young people), early years and childcare.
- Understand principles and values.
- Awareness of protection and safeguarding.
- Introduction to communication.
- Introductory awareness of equality and inclusion.
- Introductory awareness of health and safety.
- Introductory awareness of person-centred support.
- Introductory awareness of working with others in health and social care.
- Understand the importance of engagement in leisure and social activities in health and social care.
Additionally your traineeship will include:
You can also customise your course and gain extra skills and accreditation to enhance your job prospects by choosing to complete any or all of the following options:
- A 6-8 week work placement after course completion - doing a real job.
- Work preparation - CV writing, interview preparation, job search, self discipline and interpersonal skills.
- Help with English and Maths - ongoing support if you don’t have GCSEs A-C Grade.
The elements of the course are delivered over 6 weeks, 3 days a week.
Times: 9.30am to 2.30pm
To get started: You need to be interested in working in health and social care, children and young people’s settings. A course application form should be completed prior to the commencement of the course and proof of benefits is required. During induction and throughout the course you will receive information, advice and guidance on course content, career opportunities and skills development.