Qualification: Health and Social Care Diploma Level 2
The Health and Social Care Level 2 training course is a work based qualification which enable learners to demonstrate competence in Health and Social Care. The training is flexible to suit all fields of health and social care. Your staff can choose a pathway that suits their role, for example; general care, working with people with a learning disability, people with dementia or children and young people.
The Health and Social Care Level 2 training course is suitable for staff who report (or will report) to a manager or supervisor, Level 2 is the best course to start with as it will help you to understand your role and responsibilities in creating a safe and healthy environment for the persons you care for. You will learn the fundamental aspects of your job and study topics such as equality, stereotyping and discrimination.
The course takes on average 12 months to complete, however this can be shorter depending on the candidate’s ability and availability. Please note you must have the items of equipment on site for training and assessment.
The Health and Social Care Level 2 course covers:
- Introduction to communication
- Introduction to personal development
- Introduction to equality and inclusion
- Introduction to duty of care
- Principles of safeguarding
- Role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person centred approaches
- Contribute to health & safety
- Handling information
Optional Units available for chosen route:
- Generic pathway
- Dementia pathway
- Adults with learning disabilities pathway