Level 2 Study Programme in Adult Social Care
Enrol today and get:
- Refunded Travel Expenses.
- Free Lunch and Refreshments when at classes.
- Free Uniform.
- Free DBS Check.
- Free NUS extra card, hundreds of discounts exclusively for students.
PLUS £280 REWARD paid on successful completion with 100% attendance
- Principles of Communication in Adult Social Care Settings.
- Principles of Personal Development in Adult Social Care Settings.
- Principles of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in Adult Social Care Settings.
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care.
- Introduction to Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings.
- Understand the Role of the social care worker.
- Understand Person-centred Approaches in Adult Social Care Settings.
- Understand Health and Safety in Social Care Settings.
- Understand How to Handle Information in Social Care Settings.
This course lasts for 14.5 weeks. 5 days a week Monday to Friday.
Training centre times: 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Weeks 1 to 6: At training centre.
Weeks 7 to 12: 2 days work placement and 3 days at training centre.
Weeks 13 - 14: At training centre.
What do I need?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; however you do need to be aged between 16 to 19* and living in South Tyneside. Be unemployed and have been resident within the UK/EU for 3 years prior to starting the course.
Additionally your study programme will include:
- CV writing, interview preparation, job search, self discipline and interpersonal skills.
- Help with English and Maths - ongoing support if you don’t have GCSEs A*-C Grade.
To get started:
You will need to be interested in working in the health and social care sector. A course application form should be completed prior to course commencement. During induction and throughout the course you will receive information, advice and guidance on course content, career opportunities and skills development.
Don't miss out!
Contact us now to enrol on your fully funded, 14.5 week course, including a work placement.
Call us on 0191 477 0840 or complete the enquiry form and a member of our team will contact you to help with your enrolment process.
South Shields - Health and Social Care Training Centre
One Trinity Green
Tyne and Wear