Qualification: Health and Social Care Diploma Level 3
The Health and Social Care Level 3 training course is a work based qualification which enable learners to demonstrate competence in Health and Social Care. The training is flexible to suit all fields of health and social care. Your staff can choose a pathway that suits their role, for example; general care, working with people with a learning disability, people with dementia or children and young people.
The Health and Social Care Level 3 training course is usually undertaken by those who have more responsibility in the workplace such as managing a team or training staff, dealing with more complex issues which require a higher level of knowledge and training. Learners will cover a comprehensive range of topics including data protection and confidentiality, and appropriate action if abuses are suspected.
The course takes on average 18 months to complete, however this can be shorter depending on the candidate’s ability and availability. Please note you must have the items of equipment on site for training and assessment.
The Health and Social Care Level 2 course covers:
- Promote communication
- Engage in personal development
- Promote equality and inclusion
- Principles for implementing duty of care
- Principles of safeguarding
- Role of the health and social care worker
- Promote person centred approaches
- Promote and implement health & safety
- Promote good practice in handling information
Optional Units available for chosen route:
- Generic pathway
- Dementia pathway
- Adults with learning disabilities pathway